Deciding what is the best way of dealing with Villa del Palmar resale scam can be tough if you have no experience of timeshare scams. However, the Villa Group and Universal Vacation Club are working together with law enforcement departments and ARDA (the American Resort Development Association) in order to wipe out resale scams involving Villa del Palmar timeshares. You can help them do so by ensuring that if you experience a resale scam, or suspect someone is operating one, you take the following steps;
- Report the incident or individual to Villagroup members services or UVC.
- Make a complaint to the Federal Trade Commision by contacting the Business Fraud Division on 1-877-382-4357.
- Report your experience to the Attorney General’s Office in your home state; please consult the internet or your local yellow pages for contact information.
- Keep all written materials sent to you by the suspected scammer and notify the Villagroup of UVC if they continue correspondence with you. If the fraudsters continue to send you materials or otherwise contact you then please follow this up by forwarding the emails or information to email@example.com. In this way, details of the scam can be kept on your file.
- Report the fraud to ARDA by visiting: http://www.arda.org/advisories.
Unfortunately, it is becoming more and more essential for timeshare owners at the top resorts like Villa del Palmar to be adept at dealing with resale scams as they are being targeted more often. In fact ARDA has a library of articles on dealing with Villa del Palmar resale scam; if you think you’re being targeted by a resale scammer then feel free to contact Villa Group directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember that Villa Group cannot file a claim on your behalf, althgough you will find that members of the support team will be able to offer you as much help and advice as possible.
Villa del Palmar Resale scam victims must initiate any claims themselves so as to provide all the details to the authorities in an official, first hand statement. It is key, however, to keep in mind that all the agencies listed above are on hand to help and assist you, should you need.