Want to know some of the most unique and unusual timeshares available? While most timeshares are located in beach towns with warm, sunny climates, there are some alternate options available for those looking for a different kind of vacation experience. Continue reading below to learn more about some of these unconventional timeshares.
- Fitzpatrick Castle: Located in Killiney, Ireland, Fitzpatrick Castle dates back to 1740 and is a mix of ancient history combined with modern amenities. There is an excellent restaurant, bar, sauna, spa, steam room, indoor swimming pool, fully equipped gym and beauty salon all located on site. A smaller complex, there are nine timeshare units located within the castle grounds which offer fully equipped kitchens and modern electronics. Just a short nine miles south of the capital of Dublin, Fitzpatrick Castle provides an escape for vacationers who want to step back in time to live like a king or queen, without having to travel too far.
- TradeWinds Shared Yachts: Ever considered a timeshare could be found on the open seas? TradeWinds yachts specialize in upscale catamaran cruises with your personal chef and captain on board. It’s extra easy to enjoy popular ocean activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving from this timeshare…just jump right in! Partnered with some of the top resort exchange companies, you can enjoy a floating luxury hotel experience in the Caribbean, Belize, Panama, Greece, Turkey, and the French Polynesian Islands.
- Canal Boat Club: Does the idea of a timeshare on the water intrigue you, but the ocean seems a little too daring for your tastes? If so, why not consider the Canal Boat Club which are low-slung, narrow boats that cruise British canals and set off from eight marinas located through the United Kingdom. These vessels can sleep four to six persons, but make sure you have a capable sailor on board as all piloting is done by the vacationers. Onboard amenities will make your boat canal experience even more enjoyable and relaxing.
- Sondela Nature Reserve: Do you really want to get away from it all and become one with nature? Why not venture to Warmbaths, South Africa to have an authentic African bush experience. Sondela is a timeshare property located about 90 minutes north of Johannesburg and is styled as a luxury chalet situated amongst a nature reserve. Tours available include everything from safari adventures to horseback riding amongst the wildlife. A little too wild for your tastes? There is a posh bistro, refreshing swimming pools and even a nearby casino to keep you entertained.
- Treehouse Villas: A newer type of timeshare is found in Orlando, Florida where tree-house timeshares are now available. Based on treehouses from more exotic locales such as Belize and Thailand, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa in Orlando offers an adventurous option closer to home. The three-bedroom treehouse villa is situated 10 feet high off the ground right on the banks of the Sassagoula River, and timeshare guests have access to all the resort’s amenities and services as well.
- America’s Trains: Last, but not least there is even a timeshare on a moving train! America’s Trains has created a shared fractional ownership of a decadent and opulent private rail car. Train Share as they term it, involves trains that can travel from coast to coast of the United States and they also head north into Canada. Some of the top activities available include golfing and hiking, depending on which train route you select. The train share timeshare accommodations include six, luxury bedrooms with en suites bathrooms, private lounges, drawing rooms and entertainment spaces. And you can’t complain about the views either as they are constantly changing as you speed along the tracks. What better way to appreciate the beautiful countryside while also enjoying the comfort and elegance of your train timeshare. All aboard!
Do any of these unique and unusual timeshare spark your interest? If so, which ones?