Right now, there is a climate of uncertainty and unease due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) that is sweeping across the globe. Many people’s travel plans have changed or are on hold for a while. However, with a sense of calm, preventative measures and determination, we will all be able to travel again.
Here is important Travel Advice regarding the COVID-19 situation. While many resorts around the world are closed temporarily, their hearts are open as they look forward to welcoming guests back soon. In the meantime, stay home and stay safe. Soon, they hope that you will be able to vacation with them once again.
COVID-19 Update and Travel Tips:
- Avoid Crowded Spaces: We now know how important it is to avoid crowded spaces. While top tourist attractions typically draw large crowds, even after we get through the coronavirus situation, avoiding crowded spaces is a good idea. Try to avoid large crowds and busy locations while traveling. If you want to sightsee, try to do it early in the morning when there will be less people. Also, try to walk or ride bikes so you can benefit from fresh air as you explore new destinations. Remember, using public transportation comes with an increased risk of germs and disease since many people use those services.
- Practice Good Hygiene: Not only should travelers keep their distance from others, it is also essential to practice good hygiene habits both at home and while traveling. Remember to regularly wash your hands and avoid sick people. Do not touch your hands, face or eyes. Plus, you should carry and use disinfecting wipes to clean off any surfaces that you touch. Warm water and soap are highly effective and inexpensive tools to keep your hands clean. If a sink and soap aren’t available, hand sanitizer or gel are good choices as a backup. Lastly, avoid shaking hands, hugging and kisses that used to be common practice when greeting others. At this time, it is more important to keep your distance and stay safe.
- Travel Light: To start with, once you are able to travel again, pack light instead of going over the top preparing for your vacation. When you use a small suitcase or backpack instead of a huge bag, it is easier to get around and less stressful. Plus, a lighter and smaller suitcase will make it easier if you need to get somewhere fast and have to quickly move to avoid a crowded space. Traveling light after all this situation just makes sense. Check out these packing tips.
- Use a Map: Exploring a new town without a plan is always fun, but using a map can help you avoid locations you don’t want to go. Today, there are lots of online maps that you can access from your phone.
- Carry an Extra Bank Card: When you are able to travel again, carry an extra bank card with you. While there are fees that most banks charge to use ATM’s to withdraw money, many cards now allow for purchases without added fees. To confirm, check with your specific credit card company to verify the rules and regulations for your credit card before you leave for vacation. An extra bank card can be a life saver in case you happen to lose a card or have it stolen during your travels. Nothing ruins a vacation faster than not having a way to access your bank account.
We hope these travel tips are useful. Stay at home, stay safe and before you know it, you will be able to take vacations again. Where do you plan to travel to first? Take care of yourself and your loved ones in the meantime.